Our quest for the best Yoga has continued. Today on the „menu“ we had ZEN Yoga.
It was an empty kindergarten hall, pretty comfortable with adequate amount of air. I could also say that it was clean enough. We had to sit and lay down on the floor from time to time, so this information IS important. I had a glimpse of a feeling of the childhood. It was not my kindergarten, but it had this ambient that reminded me on a time long time ago. I even tried to actually remember some episodes and only feeling that I caught was the feeling of: „It is ok, but I want to go away from here“. This was my impression of Kindergarten when I had to go there.
Nice, polite older woman, I would say in her 60s. It was strange to see how „elastic“ she is in comparison to some younger girls that were exercising near me. Well, ok, including me.
I thought at the moment, if SHE can do it, I must definitely be able to do it. And this „insecurity to participate in performance of Yoga” was not worrying me anymore. Here I must say, that this does not mean anything. People are different, and age is not always the critical factor of performance. What I didn’t like was the sentence that she said several times: „I have told this several times, how many times I need to repeat that?! “ Well the accent was not strong, but still it’s kind of a „punishment-words“ phrase that I do not find motivating. She is a Yogi Teacher, she should be Gentle, shouldn’t she?
It was a nicely organized flow of exercises started with the head and finally finished with short relaxation period.
- Moving the head in the neck to both directions
- Moving the arms in shoulders to both directions
- Moving the hips in circles in both directions
- Moving the knees…. in both directions
- Standing on the toes, then on the hills with the hands up as far as possible. (Several times).
- Of course – I cannot remember all the poses, but I remember:
- Cobra like pose
- Cat and Dog poses
- It reminded a lot to Primary Vinyasa series
- I heard that she was constantly repeating some words, so I tried to learn them. Later, when I came home I realized that she was counting to ten in Japanese J
„There are many of You in this room, but you should think and feel like you are here alone with your breath“.
- It is a gentle way to thoroughly stretch the body
- It is quiet and easy
- Exercises are good
- I learned counting to ten in Japanese
- Lack of „Yoga-type ambient“ (sound, smell, mode)
- Lack of „Meditative link“ that Yoga provides and that I need.
- Teacher is not „powerful“ enough for me to inspire me for challenges
- Too many people in the room
- Too expensive for just another exercise that can be done at home too.
- the Quest goes on. Maybe this is Yoga, but I need ZEN too!
- I had time to ruminate about the feelings and impressions from this Yoga class as I run along toward my home….
Source of the Featured Image: Pinterest.
Source of the Japanese numbers: japanesewithanime.com.