Source of the image: Pinterest.
– What are you doing? – He screamed with the fear looking at the young girl at the fence of the bridge.
– Leave me alone – she answered very rude. She looked as if she cried the whole night. Trembling hand was holding the fence.
– Wait – he continued – I don’t want to stop you, but please talk to me first.
– Leave me alone, I told you. I do with my life whatever I want. This is my choice. I know what I am doing and the time has come to end this mockery.
– I understand – le lowered his voice – but I just need to talk to you before you do it. You know, you are crossing the border of the life and at least you can make one person happy when you’re leaving.
She turned her head toward him and gazed with wonder.
– What do you want? – She answered quickly
– I don’t want to know why you are doing this, I believe that you have strong reasons for that and I am not questioning this. I just want to know how you feel.
– Oh, stupid – she laughed with irony. – Now, I have to tell you how I feel.
– How could I feel? I was in love with a man for more than ten years and I did everything right. And he was so rude to me at times and he even beaten me for no reason. I told you, I did everything right. I finished the school, I got a good job, and I took care about house, about him. I gave him presents often and cared about his wishes. I was good in everything. Then suddenly he change. He became awful to me as if I am the worst creature on the world. Whatever I did was wrong and he yelled at me. I cried, I cried a lot. I am tired of crying. It’s not true that crying is good to relieve the pain. My pain was getting worse. I went to doctor; he told me that everything was ok with me. Stupid. Stupid doctor. I am stupid too that I went there at all. It was his decision. He told me that I am sick. That I should go to the hospital because of my mental illness.
He laughed. He laughed aloud.
She looked at him with surprise. – Why are you laughing at me? You asked me about my feelings and now when I told you, you are rude, you are laughing at me. He laughed that way too. She started to cry. – I am sick of this, sick of this wonderful world – she cried and screamed with irony in her voice.
– Now, it’s my time. I’ll do what I want with my life. I don’t need doctors, I don’t need him, I don’t need You – she screamed pointed all her pain towards him.
– Well, let me tell you why I laugh – he answered seriously.
– You got it all wrong. You didn’t do everything right!
– I did, I did – she interrupted him…. I finished the school…
– Stop, let me tell you just one thing – he raised her voice.
– You made one big mistake that ruined everything that you’ve done.
– She gazed.
– You know you’re not human. You know that already. Your mistake was that you let yourself believe in a shallow human being like him. He didn’t recognize you. He saw only himself. Everything was yelling to you about this mistake. But no, you still want to believe in humans in him. Humans want to kill us and if you jump, they will succeed. Do you really want that?
He walked away.
She trembled for a while holding the fence. She noticed that she is weak and that if she doesn’t go on the other side of the fence she will not jump, she will fall. Now, she was not sure that she wanted to do it anymore. She was not sure. She crossed the fence and started to laugh, so loud, so strong as if she is really crazy. Nevertheless, she was saved… she knew. The farce came to the end. She was free to do whatever she wants…
She jumped. It was her first bungee-jump with such a joy.
Source of the image: clipartfest.com.